I bring my dear readers some good news.
I am pleased to announce that Take Me To Foodie Heaven had been awarded with a Liebster Award.
What is The Liebster Award? The Liebster award is awarded to new and upcoming bloggers from fellow bloggers. It is awarded to bloggers who has less than 200 followers. “Liebster” is a German word which means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely etc. Naww that’s very sweet and lovely! The Liebster award aims to recognise how much effort bloggers put to produce each blog post, help bloggers to connect and to promote and spread the word on new blogs or bloggers.
The lovely, Amanda (Chefs Wife), from “The Chef, His Wife & Their PERTH-fect life” awarded Take Me To Foodie Heaven the Liebster Award. I met Amanda from EDB13 and she is also the main contributor to the blog as her husband, Chef is a busy man! Amanda comes from a foodie family and the philosophy of Amanda’s blog is to share fantastic places that are worth going to whether it is around Perth or overseas. Looking for some good food? Please do check out her blog too
Like Amanda who has just started blogging in April this year, I did not realise where blogging could take me to and I never realised that there is a tight-knit blogging community filled with lovely people not only in Perth or Australia but worldwide too. It was really good to meet other bloggers at EDB13 and I am grateful to be a part of this blogosphere (Blogosphere is where blogs exist together as a connected community (or as a collection of connected communities) or as a social network in which everyday authors can publish their opinions)
I would like to thank Amanda for the Liebster award! I am very honoured to receive it and it means a lot to me.
Here are my answers to the questions from Chef’s Wife:
1. What is #1 on your bucket list?
My #1 on my bucket list is to travel the world! To name a few, I would love to go to Rio de Janeiro, Alaska, Norway, Sweden, Banff and a lot more places on that never-ending list of where I would love to go.
2. Where in Perth do you like to dine if it’s a special occasion?
The Wild Duck, Prego, Bistro Guillaume, Nine Fine Food, Chez Pierre
3. What is your favourite movie and TV show?
My favourite TV shows are Glee, Big Bang Theory and Modern Family. My favourite movies are Despicable Me, Ratatouille, Letters to Juliet, The Intouchables, Spirited Away and the Harry Potter series too!
4. Where do you see yourself five years from now?
Happy, employed, traveling the world (if I make enough $$$$) and still blogging!
5. What inspired you to start blogging?
My love for food and for discovering new or well-loved local eateries around Perth. It was also most of my friends who have encouraged me to set up my very own food blog.
6. What is your favourite post that you’ve written?
My favourite post that I have written would probably be Nine Fine Food. I enjoyed writing up that post a lot and having other opinions from my fellow guest writers made it easy to write up that post too.
7. What would your dream job be?
At the moment, my dream job would be a food or travel writer.
8. Where in Perth do you like to go for breakfast?
Mrs. S! It’s my family’s favourite and Sayers/Sayers Sister have really good breakfast too We also do dim sum/yum cha sometimes at Dragon Palace City Restaurant and Bar and at Golden Century. Apart from that, I am still trying to discover more places with a good breakfast in Perth.
9. Who would be your 3 ideal dinner party guests?
Haha this is a hard question…hmm Ellen DeGeneres (for a good laugh), Heston Blumenthal (to cook amazing food) and Katy Perry (for music). I think I’ve got it all covered.
10. Share with us your favourite photo you have taken for your blog…
Oohh I have lots of favourite photos but I’ll share this one. This is a picture of the Confit Duck from Nine Fine Food. I really love the colours on this dish and the confit duck looks generous too. It is one amazing dish!
The next part. The nominations are…
Eat Speak Write - A food blog consisting of reviews and recipes by the awesome Daniel whom I have met from EDB13
ChiGarden - As a graphic and web designer with a passion for all things creative, check out the lovely Teresa’s (often known as Chisa) blog which covers a range of topics from Life, Art and Design to Food.
Life of Pi(A) – A blog about Food Reviews to Beauty by Pia whom I have met from EDB13.
French Toast and Indie Pop - A new and upcoming blog about food and little miscellaneous topics by Suzz.
Laura Moseley – A blog which covers food, travels and events by the bubbly Laura, who is also the Food Director of Beaufort Street Festival.
Please do check these blogs out! I enjoy reading them and can guarantee you that it is definitely a great read!
Congratulations to my fellow bloggers who have been nominated! Here are my questions to you from me:
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
2. What was the most interesting or unique food that you have ever eaten?
3. You are holding a dinner party and you don’t feel like doing the cooking. Who would you like to invite to cook the food?
4. Who would be your ideal 3 dinner party guests?
5. What is your favourite movie and TV show?
6.What is your favourite ice cream flavour?
7. Which is your favourite social media platform?
8. If you have a chance to get a wish granted, what will your wish be?
9. Coffee or Tea?
10. Where is your all-time favourite place to go for good food in Perth?
The rules… (may vary from blogger to blogger) So once you get this award:
- Thank your Liebster Award presenter on your blog
- Add the link of the award presenter’s blog who awarded you
- Post the award on your blog
- Answer the questions given to you by the award presenter
- Present the Liebster Award to 5-10 bloggers that you enjoy
- These blogs should have less than 200 followers
- Create 10 questions for your awardees to answer
- Notify the awardees by leaving a comment on their blog
- Please link us back when you post! We would love to read your answers